CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, February 7, 2010

A Big Day For Isabella

I learned how to tie my shoes.

Isabella's Explanation: My friend Sarah with the long hair who is in my class and in my neighborhood taught me how to put one string under the other and then pull it tight. She then taught me how to make two loops. Well, today my mom showed me the rest and now I can tie my shoes. Mommy, Can you make sure that everyone knows that I can tie my own shoes now. 


Every word was said with a HUGE smile on her face!

In the light of eternity, learning to tie your shoes is really not a huge deal; however, this is a huge accomplishment! God is so good and encouraged me to see each step we take here as a huge accomplishment no matter how small it may seem. Today, I sifted my flour to make sure that there were no bugs enjoying my flour before I used it. Another life-saver missionary here told me that you have to keep flour in your freezer and at times the flour contains bugs. You simply sift the flour and this will separate any bugs that may have made their way into the bag. GROSE! Can I ever use flour in Burkina? Well, in light of eternity, sifting flour for bugs is not a huge deal; however, this is a huge accomplishment for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment