CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, February 11, 2010

The Three Little Pigs

For years I have said that if we ever build our own home I wanted to go to some extra measures in securing it. I wanted to make sure that our foundation was built solid. Not only in construction but even more so on the Word of God.


I have often reflected to one of my childhood favorite books, “The Three Little Pigs.” I think that this story is such an amazing picture of our lives, how we build our foundation, and how the enemy comes to kill, steal, and destroy us. On many occasions this is how this book has played out in my life….

Situation #1- In so many areas of my life I have been like pig #1. I pray on the go and I am not faithful meditating and being in the Word of God. I have so much to do and want to honor the Lord and know my need for Him, but I am so busy. I have so many things to get done even ministry related so I short change my time with the Lord. I need Him, but I need to hurry up so I can get to other things. I built my foundation for that day with hay. When the enemy came along it did not take much for him to destroy my home as I fell into pride, selfishness, envy, and jealously. I did not prepare for his attack the way I should have.

Situation #2- I have also been like Pig #2. I have prepared a little more by spending more time in the Word, being in a more regular time of prayer, and even going to Bible Study. I have built my house with wood. It was a little stronger and more resistant to the flames against the devil.

Situation #3- This is the pig I always want to be like. I want my foundation strong. I know to always be on the alert because the day I entered into a relationship with God, I entered a battlefield. I know that it took much longer for pig number three to build his house, but he knew the importance of a strong foundation that would provide great protection for him.

Our home here is definitely built African style. It is all cement walls and the construction is not nearly what we are accustom to in America; however, we are indeed wanting to make sure that we build our strong foundation on the Word of God. Over the past two days we have allowed the children to cover the walls with scripture, prayers, and praise and adoration to the Lord. Soon our paint will come and we will cover all the writing up, but it will in no way cover up the power in which we built the spiritual walls of our home.

1 comment:

  1. Connie, I am loving your encouraging blogs. Thank you for the reminder that we need to be the Third Pig (in a good way). I love you my sister. Amelia just kicked me and told me to tell you HEY!

    ReplyDelete