CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, January 30, 2010

A Fresh Hope

Last night we had dinner with a family that has been serving as missionaries in Africa for 20 years. They have 3 beautiful children. Kari who is 17 and Peter who is 12 are here and their oldest is in college in NY. My kids had the best time visiting and playing with them. The food was so good that Noah even asked if he could lick the plate. I was embarrassed, but at the same time thankful that my children ate and enjoyed their meal so much!


For me, it was a re-assurance of God’s unexplainable love for me. Amy, their mother who is an amazing woman was sharing this story about a man who came to her home several years back and wanted to do some gardening for her. She agreed and found herself to soon be devastated. This little guy cut her plants back to nubs. She knew that they were destroyed. He promised her that they would come back even better… just wait. As she is telling us this story I immediately reflected to the Word and the story of pruning that takes place in times of growth. Instantly, I saw this very vivid picture of myself…. I knew that she had told this story for me. I have been so cut back to a nub that I am not even recognizable. At that moment, I had such a tremendous fresh hope. Just wait Connie, you as well are going to grow back more beautiful than ever. I then began to pray, please tell me that she is going to say that they grew back, please say they grew back!!! My whole intimate moment with the Lord would have been ruined if she said that they died. She continued to say that one morning she was out on her porch and looked over to notice that not only had they grown back, but they did not even look like the same plant. Everything about them was better. The color, form, and shape were a fresh more healthy, beautiful plant.

I know I have heard this story in the Bible many times, but as she talked about her personal experience I felt like God recalled that to her memory to paint a very clear picture of what He was doing in my own life. I know there are many growing pains to come, but I know I can trust Him and I went to bed with a FRESH HOPE!

2 comments:

  1. Connie....this is just beautiful!!! It inspires me to seek His word in areas of my life. I love you and hope to talk to you soon!! Thank you for sharing you hear and life.

    ReplyDelete