CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, January 31, 2010

I feel like I am learning to walk...

So for as far back as I can remember, I have never bleached fruits and vegetables, boiled water to wash dishes, or hung clothes on a wire to dry. We will hire someone very soon who will help me in these things, but for today... I did them all by myself. I came in and really was waiting for Chris to start clapping, praising me, etc... much like I did my children as they learned to walk. I wanted him to notice my accomplishments!

As much as this sounds like such a pain, I have actually found myself slowing down and enjoying the time I have spent doing these things. I cannot say that enjoying these chores will last, but for now, I am grateful. I hate that I have not mentioned sooner the team that was here to greet us. West Ridge has partnered with the CMA and they have been tremendous. For the first three days all my meals were cooked, I have received welcome gifts, people have dropped in to check on me, and one night I returned home to a Diet Coke in my fridge that said, "For Connie!" If you know me at all, you know this was like winning the lotto!

We also had the privilege of flying over with a group of pastors. The help with carrying bags was amazing. Dave Cole is a hero in our book with his continuous and constant serving heart. My children already love these men and have already asked when they are coming back. Gabriella has been smitten with Pastor Brian and Pastor Dave. She has told us several times just how much they love HER and she is serious! The boys have enjoyed the rough housing and boy talk with Mr. Kevin and Mr. John as well. They have been a blessing!

Right now the pastors have been away in the Bush and to several other cities as well. They have had the tremendous opportunity to see what God is doing here and then continue to pray about how they and their churches are to be involved. We will move to our home on Tuesday and hope to start settling in to begin some crash language study that will better facilitate the ministry we are to do.

Please keep praying for us as our home and the team center are finished. Please pray that we will stay healthy. Please pray that our crate with all of our belongings will arrive here asap and make it through customs without even the slightest glitch. Please pray that God will continue to stir the hearts of the Burkina Bay people and that they come to know Him!

No comments:

Post a Comment