CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, January 29, 2010

Culture Shock Hit Me Today!!

Today the children had a great day and loved school. We rated their day with 10 being amazing and 1 being terrible. Sam and Noah both gave a huge 10 and Silas said 6. He was just mad that he did not ride a moto to school.


I on the other hand went shopping for the first time. In the middle of the market, I honestly thought I could fall to the floor, curl up like a baby, and cry my eyeballs out. I love to cook, but do not make much from scratch. There are many choices here but the cost of groceries is unbelievable. I did find Diet Coke but could not bring myself to pay $8.00 for a 2 liter. The toilet paper is almost see through and is like paying for toilet paper that you would find in the White House. Needless to say, I can be confident in knowing that this will get easier but the culture shock has hit me like a ton of bricks.

Chris has been amazing and loves being here. He has begun driving and is doing a great job. We have both hesitated to post pictures, because we really want you all to come!

Please keep praying for us!

4 comments:

  1. I prayed especially for you this morning, my friend and will continue to do so. I know that it is a huge adjustment, but I know that you can do it and am confident that the Lord is walking each moment with you. So glad the kids overall had a good experience at school! love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure that you know very well, this is the first of the culture shock. I'm praying that you guys will adjust quickly. Grace on you ALL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love you my sweet sister. This journey will get easier as the Lord knows what you can and cannot handle (gosh, I'm preaching to the choir). I am confident that you and the rest of the Feild's have already been a blessing to the town of Burkina! And rest assure - I cry enough for the both of us these days so you don't need to shed one little tear! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. did you remember to get that toilet paper in the backpacks? especially seeing as it's paper thin there and expensive.. i promise to bring over a suitcase full when i come :)

    love, love, love you! praying for your adjustment!

    ReplyDelete