CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, May 9, 2010

A Tribute to My Mom


I love that Mother’s Days lends itself to being able to reflect and appreciate our moms. I love the phrase, "Absence makes the heart grow fonder"… I think that when we are separated from those we love, we see to even greater depths how thankful for we are for those we are separated from. I assure you that I love you mom more this Mother’s Day than in years past. You have done nothing different, I just realize in your absence how my heart literally aches not to be near you on this day.

I wanted to say a special thank you to God today for you- Mom. Many of you who know her know what a wonderful woman she is. She and I are so different, but our love for Jesus, people, and ministry gives us such a closeness. My mom was always the spiritual leader of our home growing up. She was the one who lead me to the Lord, discipled me even when I had no clue I was being discipled, and constantly lived a life that has pointed me and others to Jesus. She is the one who made getting off the school bus special. She awaited us with a smile and always a good snack. She is the one that made pay day pizza night exciting. She made birthdays so special. She made meal time a special event for our family. We had a pretty wonderful father, but she is the one that held us all together. She was always there to encourage, wipe away tears, pray for our spouses starting in middle school, push us when we needed pushing, discipline with love, hurt when we hurt, speak truth even when it hurt her to do so; yet knowing it would bring us to a closer walk with Jesus, and always display an unconditional love.

Mom, I love you and I appreciate you. I know that you are my greatest fan, you believe in me, my husband and children like no one else. I know there is no one else who prays for us like you do and that is a gift that goes without words. I hope that you know how thankful I am to be your daughter and I pray that I can be the kind of mom to my children that you have been to me.

I love you Janie! Happy Mother’s Day!


No comments:

Post a Comment