CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, May 9, 2010

My First Mother's Day in Burkina

My children can make me want to pull each hair from my head, they can totally exhaust me, at times I wonder if they will ever grow out of these very annoying stages; BUT, when they are sweet… they are really sweet to the core! Today, I was the Queen in our home and I felt so special!


My Homemade Red Carpet

My day started by sleeping in with air conditioning. If this was my only gift, it would have been enough…. But it kept going! I got up and opened my bedroom door to five very excited children each with a homemade card- (which are the best), and a homemade red carpet walk to the love seat in our family room. I sat down and a crown was placed on my head and above me a big sign hung. I was served pancakes and whip cream and slushy orange juice. Can I tell you that I could not hold back the tears as I read my sweet cards and how loved I felt.

My crown which read, "Happy Mother's Day... Queen for the Day"

We then had some family time with Chris leading us in Bible study and worship. This is not normal for us not to be in church, but I almost hate to admit, it was nice to worship in English. Before our church time began, I was given a gift to open. When I opened my gift, I laugh at the thought of how excited I was….


One of my gifts!!!

Yes… Oreo Cookies. I was so excited that it did not matter that I had just eaten pancakes… I was eating some Oreos right that moment. I was also given a very cold diet coke that was simply icing on the cake. We went to the pool as a family and had lunch there to return home to a nice spaghetti dinner. I have been so blessed and am so thankful to be a mom of these five children.

On another note,


I have thought all day about my mom today too.. Hence the blog about her below....

As I have reflected on my day, my mom, and all the emotion and feelings that have come with such a special day, I could not help but also think about God the Father. How He must want to pull every hair out of his head because of me, how frustrating I can be, BUT how much He delights in me despite my sin, my faults, my mess-ups…etc. As I delighted in my children’s love for me, I can only imagine how He must be blessed when I roll out the red carpet for Him, crown Him king, and delight in loving Him…. WOW!

I am blessed to have a wonderful mother, be a mother of 5 precious lives, and to be a loved daughter of the King!  Who could ask for a better Mother's Day!




2 comments:

  1. Happy Mothers day! Sounds like your day was awesome!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SHUT UP!!!!!!!
    PERFECT day for you!!
    don't even ask about my day.....

    ReplyDelete