CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, April 29, 2010

I was chosen!

To be continued…..


18 months later in a different country, with many different languages, and a different culture…God spoke. I have been operating out of truth and not feelings. I think this is a good thing because our feelings often deceive us, but to feel a break in what has seemed to be silence or distance from the Father has been a revival in my life.



As I was feeling inadequate to be here in Burkina and feeling like there were a million other people that were a better choice, it was not autoable but it sure felt like it… I felt as if my Father with joy in His heart and a smile on his face- whispered , “Connie, I chose you and you are the one I want here for this season.” I think every woman and man alike want to be chosen. We want to be liked and be the one picked. It makes us feel accepted, wanted, a part of, like we have some value to add, etc. I pondered this for a couple days. The God of the universe chose me for this task! It suddenly did not matter if others thought I was a good choice because God did. I have always said that I want each day of my life be one that honors the Lord and I still pray for this. BUT, looking though a different glass and being chosen by God for this work….Oh, how I long that each breath of my life be formed, filtered, and used for your glory.



My next step in healing came from the Bible study I am doing. The focus just happens to be love. I was studying Agape love and I love what Beth Moore had written. “Agape means God did what humanity most needed. He pursued in us that which was highest and best. Agape always flows from what is right and what is best. Agape is not as much a feeling as it is a response. ” Over these last 18 months could it be that God has been showing me His agape love!!!



I know that I am not the only one that has struggled. I know I am not the only one that feels or felt like a failure, unusable, not good enough. I know that through many different situations many have also felt a silence from the Lord. If you are at a low point, I challenge you to hold fast to the truth despite what you may feel and despite the amount of time you have walked in the desert. It is ok to be angry, sad, discouraged but when you put your head on your pillow at night, know that there is an Agape love that God the Father has for you. I pray that during this season you will hold fast for the other side…



What is the purpose of me being this open on these two blog posts??? I want to shout it out that I am humbled and blessed to be chosen by the King. With this truth brings confidence and I long for others to feel and know this same sweetness that I am experiencing right now…. Because you too have been chosen!



Psalm 119:29-32

Keep me from deceitful ways; be gracious to me through your law. I have chosen the way of truth; I have set my heart on your laws. I hold fast to your statures O Lord; do not let me be put to shame. I run in the path of your commands, for you have set my heart FREE!!!

1 comment: