CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, February 5, 2010

Comments that have made us laugh

Samuel and Silas decided that they wanted to go through the suitcase and pick out their own clothes. Noah does pretty well at picking things that match, but the other two have just not arrived yet. The conversation went something like this, “ Boys, those clothes do not match!” Samuel’s reply, “Mom no one and I mean no one in Africa matches their clothes.” Silas cuts him off, “I know and that means we are really like Africans now!” Needless to say, I did not make them change even though it killed me.


Silas has been welcomed with open arms in his class… Almost too open. I was going through his back pack and found all these little pieces of paper. He loves to make tickets so I was going to throw them away. I noticed a heart on one and of course had to check it out. When I began to read these notes, I was amused. I asked Silas what they were and he said, “Mom, they are love notes. Really and I am not lying- all the kids in my class love me and want me to be their boyfriend.” He proceeded, “Even the boys want me to be their best friend.” My favorite said…

Classmate, “Do you like me?” Silas, “Why?” Classmate, “Because I like you.” “And because I can give you many. (money)” “ I can give you this much 1000.” Silas did not write her back. I was pleased with this because Chris and I are not big on the children having girlfriends and boyfriends this young. My thankfulness came to a screeching halt when he asked, “How much is 1000 in American money?” When I told him about $2.00… He proceeded as he runs off to play, “That is a rip off!” My immediate thought…Come one Silas, at what price would you have said yes? Chris and I obviously have a lot of work to do!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Connie!!! I'm glad you didn't make them change clothes. The real test is posting pics of them in clothes that THEY picked out. Don't worry, we'll all know the difference. : ) We are praying for you all. I'm waiting on recipes from Burkina. See if you can buy teff flour, it's supposed to be really good for you and it is grown in Ethiopia.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Silas had many admirers in his class in Dallas as well. He's such a wonderful child, everyone loves him. I am so happy to hear that he has adjusted well. Silas isn't very fond of spending money....at least not his own money :) I continue to pray for you and your mission.

    ReplyDelete