CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, October 7, 2010

My HUGE Surprise

Have you ever felt so much gratitude for someone that you did not even know how to express yourself?? As many of you know, an amazing family made it possible for me to return to America to surprise my family. I did not spend one dime for my ticket and the sweet time I had going home was a gift that I will remember for the rest of my life.

To the family who did this for me… Thank you and may you be forever blessed by your graciousness!

I arrived in Atlanta and had asked my brother to pick me up from the airport.  He did an amazing job keeping a secret!  Thank you Tod!


My first surprise was when I walked into his home and was able to surprise my sister-n-law. She did as I expected- her mouth dropped open and then her hands flew up over her mouth. It was then great to receive a huge hug.

She was the camera... We did not get a picture together :(

From there we headed to the school where my nephew Robby had a football game. He was on the field but so was his older brother Bo. I stood at the fence and looked at Bo straight in the face. I normally do not wear sun glasses and was wearing them so this did throw him off a little; however, the stare and him trying to figure out how someone could look so much like his aunt was so funny. It became hilarious when he began walking backwards biting on his fingernail just looking at me… then it clicked… it is my Aunt Connie!




I had been waiting for the moment to throw my arms around my mom. I knew she would be at the ballgame so I started a few rows behind where she would be sitting with the hope that she would see me when she walked up… no luck there. I then walked down and sat 2 rows in front of her thinking she would catch a glimpse of me…. No luck there either. My sister-n-law was down at the fence taking pictures. We all wave as she takes a picture. I then turn and look at my mom and smile and she smiles back…. Again no luck there either.

 

My laughter is now a bit uncontrollable. My nephew and I both are cracking up but with such anticipation for her to see me. Well, a little help from my brother and this was her first couple moments after she saw me…….





It was everything and more that I wanted it to be. I cannot express the joy that filled my heart hugging my mom and just being in her presence.

Robby who is on the field was pretty quick. We all yell at him and wave and he waves turns around and then does that fast speed rip his head back around as we notice that it has clicked that I am there.

I did not get a picture with him that night, but here he is.

Next is Joel, another nephew. I again am sitting in front to him. I look at him several times and every time I look directly at him, he turns to talk to someone else. When it finally clicked, he busted down and threw his whole body in my lap…. Again laughter and tears flowed.




I know we look like Ken and Barbie.
Half time has come and we move on to the concession stand where my brother-n-law and 2 nieces are working. I wait in line for some time and they have now all looked at me and not noticed. A little girl asked me if I wanted something and when I asked if the cheese or pepperoni pizza was better the 2 girls busted out the door and more tears began to flow. It was amazing!




From there we do everything we can to keep my older sister at Five Guys where she is ordering dinner. Poor girl, she has now been to the counter three different times to order and all she wants to do is get home. I make it there just in time and when I walk in… her words from the start… “SHUT UP!” And yes once again, tears come.

We did not have a camera to capture the surprise, but here is my big sister whom I adore!

I think one of the saddest yet sweetest moment was when Jonah her son walks in and though he is glad to see me, his heart is so sad that his BFF my son Silas in not there with me.
 
I am sure that this is what my nephew Jonah felt until he realized that Silas was not with me.
We head back to the house and I decide to just bust in the room where my little sister and niece are… the niece I have not yet met. She was much the same as my older sister…”SHUT UP!” And yes, the tears flow. I then have the greatest joy in meeting my new niece and sitting in the presence of my baby sister and my family.

Susie- Why in the world do we not have a picture together where you can see our faces???



Lastly, my brother-n-law Eric walks through the door and by that time it is just laughter. Can I even begin to relive and tell you the joy and excitement that filled my heart that day! I LOVE my family!



I think this in and of itself is a sweet story, but the best part of this story is how down to each detail, God gave this to me as a gift. It was so detailed that I honestly feared that I was coming home because something bad was going to happen that I needed to be there for. The Father knew that I needed a time of rest, that I needed to spend some long overdue time with my family. I had prayed months back about going home this particular week because I knew that school was out and so many of my family members work in the school system. I just cannot express just how special I felt cradled in the arms of God through his presence and this gift. Others were gracious and God so blessed.

8 comments:

  1. The pictures of you and your Mom bring tears to my eyes. I am so thankful you got that time with her. What I would do to give my Mom one more hug! Glad you had a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tears from me too! How sweet and special this time was for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay...You need to stop because I am BALLING!

    So wonderful how you recorded all of this.
    Beautiful memories; God is Good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. precious......unforgettable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh connie, this was so precious. tears here too, my friend! so glad that you got to have such a wonderful visit and sweet moments with your family! love you much, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, how I thank God for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sweet! My husband is looking at me like I am a crazy person because I'm looking at the computer and choking up. :) I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a precious gift from the LORD! Wow, my heart is over flowing right now after reading your post. God is SO good! Thanks for sharing your amazing story! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete