CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Just a thought…. Are you living in the Spirit?

**Hope to post pictures soon, but the internet is moving to slow to do so!**
If I were asked to find one verse in the Bible that would sum up what I think life is all about…It would be more than difficult. How do you choose just one verse to define the majesty of the One and Only Lord God and the Life He created us for …It is impossible! If it was insisted upon me, I know that I would have to choose John 10:10 which says, “The thief comes ONLY to kill and steal and destroy; I have come that they may have life and have it to the full.”

I trusted Jesus and gave my life to him as a 7 year old. Looking back over the years in my life, I have seen and continue to see the truth in this scripture over and over. Satan is always trying to steal from me- my hope, my joy, my strength, and ultimately the truth. He is also always working to destroy me- my reputation, my confidence in the Lord and ultimately I know he wants to kill the relationship I have with God my Father.

Yesterday, I honestly felt like I was close to the finish line. I know that in most cases the finish line is a positive thing; however, my finish line should be more defined as my quitting point. Yesterday, I simply did not have enough faith to even trust that God can do this life (living in Africa) through me. The enemy is working over time to kill, steal, and destroy the ministry set before us.

When I hit these low moments, one thing that aggravates me is that it is impossible for me to stay angry with the Lord. Here is where the rest of that verse comes in… Because God MY Father has come that I may have Life and have it to the full. In the past I really felt like having life to the full was so much about joy despite circumstances and just that intimate relationship with Him. As I have grown in my faith, wow… how it is so much more than that. I now see I will not know the complete full until I am in heaven with Him.

On a parallel note, I am doing the bible study, Living Beyond Yourself by Beth Moore. Though we are on week three, I was drawn back to the very first video. She made the comment, “If I am living in a way that I can do these things, I am probably not living in the Spirit!” So hands down, I can honestly say that I am living in the Spirit! There is no way that in my own strength I could be here for any length of time. The enemy has upped his ploy and is working over time in my life.

For the sole reason that we are serving God, we are in the center of the battle field. I know the victory is already mine because I belong to the Lord; however, the battle still feels very intense. There is so much God is doing in Burkina and I know He wants to use our family to accomplish these things; hence, I understand the enemy wanting to kill and steal and destroy.

I stress these things today as a call for prayer!!! God is at work here and the devil is not pleased in fact I assume he is ticked off. Help us by standing in the gap and interceding for the following:

-Protection-spiritually, mentally, emotionally, and physically

-That we could be a constant encouragement to the Burkina Bay. In specific and more personally those that live near the LAC where we live as well.

-Pray for the children at the LAC that do not know the Lord.

-Pray for our faithfulness despite the hardships we face. There is no sweeter place to be than right in the center of His perfect will!

Just a thought…. Are you living in the Spirit?

No comments:

Post a Comment